
This was one of my favorite books as a kid and I have continued the admiration with my kids. We read this frequently and it reminds us that bad days happen...
Well my post title might be an exaggeration... a little. It all started last night when Hazyl woke up. The A/C unit in her and Cannon's room was making a loud noise, which scared her. I went and and laid down with her and it got louder and louder then suddenly stopped.... and stopped blowing cold air all together! So she came into our bed with me and Josh. I mentioned to Josh that we should bring one of the kid's mattresses into our bedroom, where it was cool, and wake Cannon up to move him. Josh said to just leave him. I knew it was a matter of time... and sure enough Cannon woke up because he was too hot. So Josh went into Ruby's room with him and they slept in the bed in Ruby's room. (She still sleeps in her Pack N Play.) So ANYBODY with small children who have slept in the same bed with them know how that goes...
Continuing in my complaining of my bad day... because the night was less that pleasant, we woke up late and were running late getting Cannon to school. I went in my PJ's (a plus about living in the Caribbean... EVERYONE'S hair is either frizzy or put up because of the heat and humidity. Oh and remember make up? Yeah it just sweats off here, so most girls don't even wear it. Except to church and that special date night. So when I show up with no make up I don't really feel like a slob! It's really quite nice!) and then I get home and get in the shower when the shower head falls off! Which, let's be honest, the duct tape holding it on wasn't exactly a permanent fix. Later on the landlord comes to look at the A/C unit with the A/C repair guys and they claim all it needed was a "cleaning." Then proceed to pack up, as they are loading up it makes the loud noise and then stops working. So they come back in an re-evaluate and determine a new unit is required. So TOMORROW a new unit will be installed. Which means that tonight the kids all get to be in the same room to sleep. (We'll see how well that goes.)
Then to top it all off my landlord said he would NOT give us permission to film House Hunters International here!! :_( We had applied to be on the show and they said all we needed was the final step of getting the landlords approval to film his property and he won't sign the release! I am SO bummed! I was SO looking forward to being on the show! But he is 84 years old and pretty set in his ways. But I plan on bringing it up again when the time is right...I won't quite give up yet!
Oh yeah, and I also shattered my iphone screen when I dropped it on the tile floor. Not sure if it can even be fixed here. I'm sure there is a place SOMEWHERE that will fix it... for a pretty penny. (Grr!)
So this is my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. My mom says some days are like that... even in Grenada.
Then to top it all off my landlord said he would NOT give us permission to film House Hunters International here!! :_( We had applied to be on the show and they said all we needed was the final step of getting the landlords approval to film his property and he won't sign the release! I am SO bummed! I was SO looking forward to being on the show! But he is 84 years old and pretty set in his ways. But I plan on bringing it up again when the time is right...I won't quite give up yet!
Oh yeah, and I also shattered my iphone screen when I dropped it on the tile floor. Not sure if it can even be fixed here. I'm sure there is a place SOMEWHERE that will fix it... for a pretty penny. (Grr!)
So this is my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. My mom says some days are like that... even in Grenada.
No comments:
Post a Comment