The heat is ridiculous... I know I talk about it all the time. But you can't describe how hot it is... it's just SO hot! So we try to cool off in the water as much as possible! Every Monday and Thursday SO's are allowed to go to the SGU Club pool. It's basically amazing. It's right on the beach and the best part about the pool is you don't have the clean up of the beach! (Don't get me wrong we love the beach, but it's definitely a process once you get home and having to clean everybody off.)
You'll notice that there is a flower in my hair. Hazyl is constantly picking flowers and either asking me to put them in her hair, or putting them in my hair. I'm glad that Cannon is such a strong swimmer, he is a natural in the pool. He just wishes it had a diving board and slide like Grandma Peggy's. :)
One thing that has been an awesome side effect of moving is the kids learning to play SO well together. Before moving here there were always other kids their own age to play with and they didn't play very well together. To be honest, I don't think it ever occurred to Cannon that he could play with his sisters. But when there's nobody else, he'll take what he can get. ;) Now don't get me wrong, they're still siblings and fight. But especially Hazyl and Ruby, have learned to play together! It's one of my favorite things to overhear or watch all the kids playing "pretend" together. Cannon is a natural leader and the girls will do anything he suggests, whether they should or not. Hazyl has taken to being a nurse and rips up a wipe as her "mask." It's just so much fun to see our little family grow together. I have also been surprised at how much I have enjoyed the consistent time with my kids. I was worried that with Josh gone all the time and no family around that I would go a little kid crazy.. needing a break. Now I ADORE my kids but every parent knows what a trip alone to Target, for an hour, can do for your soul. So I was concerned that I would go stir crazy not getting a regular break. But, so far, it hasn't even occurred to me to WANT a break! (Insert tire screetch...say wha'?!) With not knowing anyone here, I have been able to really appreciate each of my children and their individual personalities even more than before. I still get frustrated and loose my cool of course, but I feel like rather than me just looking forward to my "me" time I just enjoy THEM! I feel like our time here will pass so quickly and I want to remember them living here and experiencing this new lifestyle. The good, the bad, and the ugly.


No comments:
Post a Comment