This session of conference was a little different. We watched it live on the ipad and no cute mason jars to put the snacks in this time. Ziplock bags had to do! Also with the time difference the normal 10:00am start time was actually at Noon. So the first session went from Noon-2:00, then from 4:00-6:00pm, then the Women's/Priesthood sessions were from 8:00pm-10:00pm. I kind of liked the later start, it made all the sessions during a meal which REALLY helped with keeping the kids quiet enough so I could try and listen as much as possible. The kids each colored their own picture of the Salt Lake Temple. Cannon was nice enough to help Hazyl draw some trees around her temple. :)
My Mom would frequently make cinnamon rolls for conference weekend and as a kid I LOVED it! So I have tried to continue that tradition with my kids. Annnd... let's be honest any excuse to eat a cinnamon roll is welcomed in my book!
It was seriously SO hot by the end of the day! We had cold towels on all of us! (I wet a rag, put it in the freezer for a few mins and then it's a little piece of Heaven cooling your head/neck down.)
One of my FAVORITE talks this conference was by President Russell M. Nelson. His talk was so amazing and inspired me to be a better person! If you missed it I highly recommend you watch it..here. Until next conference...
I love Hazyl's coloring of President Nelson. I think she may think he's a native from our Spice Island. :D



No comments:
Post a Comment