Friday, November 27, 2015

Give Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving from here in Grenada!! I think it was a good thing that I hit my low point right before November started. I needed reminding of what to be grateful for, and there are so many things. Life might not always be paradise, even if you live in paradise, but there are usually positive things to focus on. I am so grateful for these three children that I have the opportunity to raise. We sure missed being with family today and sharing in those traditions. It was great being able to FaceTime and spend time with Framily. (Friends that are like family.)  We had a potluck style dinner with friends and Josh was even able to come!! Since it's not a local holiday he still had school today and wasn't planning on joining us for Thanksgiving dinner. About an hour before the dinner he surprised us by asking us to come and pick him up from campus! BEST. SURPRISE. EVER. The food was great and it was even in an air conditioned room, which was amazing!!! 

I may not have gotten pictures of the dinner, but this is one of the kids before we got into the car. Definitely the warmest Thanksgiving I've ever experienced. 

No comments: