Beach Friday's are one of our FAVORITE parts of each week! Miss Deb, a teach at Grace Lutheran, hosts it and it's so fun to go to the Grand Anse beach and play. There are usually quite a few kids from Cannon's school there and he LOVES to be able to play with his friends. Hazyl and Ruby mostly love to play in the sand. Ruby used to love the water until a wave flipped her over one time...it was a LITTLE wave, but it scared her enough that she is now super clingy to me. I just had to document some of the photos I've taken at them the past few weeks.
Oct. 23, 2015
This is one of my favorite pictures! It's a live sea urchin. Cannon loved how it was still moving and would "stick" to his fingers when he held it under water. We looked at it and then put it back into the ocean. **Side note, the locals call these "sea eggs" and eat them. They crack them open and along the inside of the shell is what looks caviar. They eat it raw or they saute it with garlic and eat it as a dip.
Despite Hazyl's expression here, she really does love the beach. She always gets SO much sand on her. I have just accepted there will ALWAYS be sand. Once you accept that fact.. it doesn't matter that it gets literally everywhere. We really do love it, and it's the SOFTEST sand ever! I don't think I'll ever get sick of the beach!
One time Miss Deb changed the location of Beach Friday to BBC Beach. Cannon spent the WHOLE time on the inflatable toys. P.S. There is NO FILTER on this picture. Just another amazing sunset we get to see daily.
Nov 27, 2015
The girls eating their snacks on the beach. I took a picture of Cannon too, but when I got home I realized he looks drugged in it, so I left that one out. (Oops! Should have checked it before we left the beach!)
No comments:
Post a Comment