So a lot of things have been happening recently that finally came into play recently. As most of you know, Josh is working toward medical school. Since he decided this he has had to make school his number one priority. At first his work (Office of Recovery Services for the State of Utah), was supportive and willing to work with his school schedule. About a year ago they did some reorganizing and a new supervisor was put in. Since that change he has had to FIGHT every inch of the way to stay in school and work full time. Well, to make a long story short a few weeks ago they essentially told him that he could no longer do both. That he had to choose work over school. This, obviously, isn't an option for him so he had to quit. (Talk about a surprising phone call he made to me while I was at work!) :) I supported his decision 110%, I did not like the way they had been treating him when he was their #1 employee. However, this did pose a conflict. We could no longer afford to stay in our home. It was hard for me because I love our place, but ultimately I knew we would have to move for medical school. So the move just came sooner than anticipated. Ironically we had already listed our home for rent (thanks Josh and his ability to listen to the Spirit), so it didn't take long to find some renters. We turned a few down before we found who we felt would take care of our home. Below are actually the pictures that we used to post in the rent ad, but they are good ones of the home as well.
I honestly was doing ok until our very last night. Cannon had been out front playing with the neighbor kids and he came back inside and some of the little girls that are older came and brought him good bye letters that said that they will miss him and love him. It was soo cute and that's when I lost it! I started crying and couldn't stop! Cannon loves to play with all the neighbor kids and they all love him! He's so little I'm not sure he will even remember them, but it just broke my heart!
So today, we moved into Josh's parent's basement. They are so easy going and kind, but it is still a hard adjustment. I am an independent person, so to just mentally accept the fact the I need to rely on others is a challenge for me. But like Peggy said it's temporary and it's a means to an end.



No comments:
Post a Comment