Life can be interesting sometimes. I guess the saying that "when it rains, it pours" it true. I really can't complain, nothing dramatic has really happened. In the past couple of weeks I had to have a small procedure. I try not to blow things out of proportion, but sometimes life has a way of putting things into perspective. Around the beginning of January I noticed a lump in my right boob, (I guess "breast" would be the proper term, although I don't think they classify under that term). Any-hoo... I showed Josh and we decided to watch it, figured it was probably just a swollen glad. Well a couple of weeks ago we decided I needed to get it officially checked out.I went to my OB's nurse practitioner and she scheduled me to have an ultrasound at ORMC. Once having an ultrasound, the radiologist informed me that it was indeed a mass and would have to do a biopsy of it just to make sure everything is ok. He told me that most likely it would be nothing but wouldn't know for sure until we did a biopsy. So we scheduled the procedure. I was pretty calm, up until the night before my procedure. I was already nervous because I was going to be awake while they did it. Then before I went to bed my little Cannon woke up and I went in to comfort him and he looked up and said "love you, Mom." That's when I lost it! I started to "What if" in my head ("what if it is cancer?" "what if it's really bad and I end of dying" yes i know kind of dramatic, but that's what happened.). My heart broke at the thought of not being able to raise my little boy, or have more kids with my darling husband. As I sat rocking Cannon, while crying, Cannon looked up at me and said "Mom, hand" for me to put my hand out. Once I put my hand out he placed his prayer rock in my palm. It was almost as if Heavenly Father was saying, just pray and it will be okay. Then I realized that I just needed to trust in my Heavenly Father, and either way, good or bad news things would somehow be okay. Needless to say the procedure wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and within 48 hours they had notified me that the results of the biopsy were normal and the lump is benign!
(For those who have never had a mammogram, this is pretty much what it feels like!)
Needless to say, in addition to my "lump" issue Josh has had some issues of his own. I'm not going to go into everything, but his work situation is less than pleasant to say the least. It makes me so mad how he is being treated, and for no good reason! It truly is crazy how ONE person can make such a big difference in the moral of a whole department. What makes me so mad is he doesn't deserve to be treated the way that he is! I always have a harder time when those I love are being mistreated. I can handle being mistreated, but it's a lot harder for me to watch a loved one go through it. Only time will tell what will happen, but we are praying for answers.


4 comments:
I am so sorry you had to go through all that. Reading your post made me cry but I am so glad everything is okay. I am sorry about Josh's work I hate when people you love are being mistreated. I hope things work out.
Everything will work out! I am glad your ok and I hope things work out with Josh's work. Some people, ya know! good luck with everything!
Wow scary! I'm glad everything was ok! That is too bad about Josh's work! Mark said he'd heard it had gotten pretty bad lately!
I had no idea Josh was struggling at work again...grrr! They still need to get rid of that one gal. I hope everything gets figured out soon!
Post a Comment