Friday, August 14, 2015

Que Bonita Es Carnival..

Monday and Tuesday of this week were Carnival on the island. To us this means that almost everything was closed for three days. (Because MOST things are closed on Sundays as well here. They sure don't hesitate closing things down. It's crazy how I've gotten used to stores being open ALL. THE. TIME.) Most of the activities surrounding Carnival include alcohol and scantly dressed individuals. (Sometimes completely naked.) So we wanted to keep the kids away from the festivities. There was a parade on Tuesday that some of the branch members went to check out and they told us with our kids we probably made the right decision to stay away. The last time Josh and I were around Carnival was when we went to Ecuador years ago. We were actually IN the parade then and participated/observed in the festivities more at that time. (We went to a concert one night where the band sang about sex. It was all in Spanish and apparently he was asking the crowd "who likes sex?" and "who wants more sex.?" I was just cheering and screaming... not realizing what was being said. Josh was just laughing the whole time! Oops!) So anyway we knew we should keep the kids away from that experience.  So on Monday we went to the SGU Club pool for the first time. Let me tell you, I will definitely be going there twice a week! It was AMAZING!! All the kids LOVED it and the water felt SO nice!

Here are a few pictures:




See what I mean?! It's RIGHT on the beach so you look out and see the beach and it feels like your at the beach, but WITHOUT the cleanup of the beach! It is honestly paradise!


Hazyl and Ruby loved the kiddy pool! Hazyl's not in any of the pictures because she was too busy playing with her new best friend. Her name is Sam and she's the wife of one of the other students. She is so cute with Hazyl and Hazyl has taken a liking to her.




These stairs go right out onto the beach. Amazing...right?!

Tuesday we chilled around the house and when the kids got bored we did a lip sync concert... in the "cold room" AKA Mom and Dad's room. We call it the "cold room" because it's the one room where we have the A/C on so we can all cool down if we need to. Hazyl started us out with some Frozen..

Click here to watch part one, here for part two.

(I love how she gets into character! Then Ruby singing in the background at the end I love as well!)

Then Cannon performed The Lego Movie's "Everything is Awesome"... a child classic for anyone with kids now-a-days. (Here to watch.)

(Cannon secretly loves to perform. He is super bashful but if he gets into the right mood, he lets loose and a stage persona takes over him as well!)

Cannon chose a song for me to do, so enjoy but we didn't record it... ;) Or I would never hear the end of the mocking.

Josh performed as well, but he wants to keep his dignity so his is not posted either.

It entertained the kids for a good hour, then they had just as much fun watching the performances after we were all done "singing" and dancing our hearts out.

Side note: On Sunday we had dinner with some of our neighbors and we were talking about our favorite part of our house... The bidet. So on Monday Cannon decided he wanted to try it out. I told him that was fine. As I turned to look into the bathroom he turned the knob and water shot up straight into his face and about 4 feet high!! We. Were. Dying. I felt bad because at first I think he wanted to cry but when Josh and I immediately started laughing he decided it was funny too. He would be so embarrassed to know I shared the incident with anyone. So maybe don't mention it... :D But seriously funny. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Another winning blog post. I love to see the kids perform. Next best thing to being there.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.