Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Great Northwest!

The week of July 4th we went to visit my parents in Oregon! My whole family was going so it was a lot of fun! We decided to drive instead of fly, I admit I was terrified of doing the drive with a one year old. But he did amazingly well. We brought a lot of snacks, books and movies to watch on the laptop. We stop and let him play at a McDonald's in Boise, which also helped. From start to finish the drive usually takes anywhere from 12-13 hours. We wanted to get an early start to Cannon would sleep, so we ended up leaving the house around 4:45am.

While up in Oregon we were able to stay at a Beach house in Cannon Beach. Yes, that is the actual name of the city and the beach in that area. (If you are a fan of the Goonies, part of the movie was filmed in Cannon Beach. The three rocks just off the coast are actually in Cannon Beach.) Usually the Oregon coast has very mild weather. Even in summer it's not hot, however they were having record heat and the day we arrived it was 95 degrees! It felt like an actual beach, not just the coast! You will also notice Josh below doing his metal detecting. He went out one morning around 6am and was out for about two hours.

 

This is my favorite picture of Cannon on the beach.



5 comments:

Craig and MJ Parker said...

Looks like the drive went well. Not that bad right? Cannon is getting so big and so cute! Be careful when he gets older! miss you harms!

Andrew & Carlene Wood said...

It looks so beautiful!! WHat a fun Vacation!

Daisha said...

Of course I remember you Harmony! You've got one cute little boy! Wow, 95 degrees on the Oregon coast?!! Amazing. Check out my blog as often as you want. I'm having a few giveaways soon- those are always fun!

Smolkaville said...

That last pic looks like he's totally taking it himself, ya know when you hold the camera out in front of you and try to take a pic yourself. So cute! I like the football pics with Uncle Vic too. I still need to e-mail everyone my pics. I have quite a few...

Kenzie said...

Sounds like it was a fun time!! Cannon is getting so big!! I love that last picture of him!!